Friday 28 December 2012

Post 30 Coming to an end



Is this my last and final post on art, weather and related activities? Yes I'm afraid so but I do intend to start a new blog in the new year pretty much focusing on similar things but with perhaps less of a conscious eye on the weather.
I have really enjoyed posting on here and I have to thank Oliver Moss for asking me to do this  in the first place.
The idea was that I, along with a number of other artists,would produce a 30 day weather diary which Oliver would use as part of his research for his studies...anyway it has become much more for me. It's more like a habit now which I won't be able to stop any time soon!

So to the past few days...since the beginning of the Christmas holidays almost as if on cue the weather has been awful. It's been wet,wet and wetter. Again so many people in this country have had their homes flooded and travel and routine life has been disrupted and thrown into disarray.
Gloomy weather today


Bleak
The crisp cold and clear days earlier in this month are sadly missed.

Love these warm colours on a really cold day
Trying to capture those sunsetting colours

Sun setting over the Cheviots
Another detail
Looking towards the Cheviots  100cm10cm Oil & wax on canvas

In and amongst the festivities and general distractions to my daily routine I have been beavering away taking photographs anytime we have managed to get out.
 Between the rain and general gloom there have been periods of some decent weather.


Fading light at Back Bowden

Late evening sunshine amongst the trees

Colder and blustery
Looking up

Back up to Peniel Heugh
Frustratingly we haven't had one climbing day in the  last two weeks. Two trips this week were abandoned and we had to content ourselves with a brief walk on the beach and another to Saint Cuthbert's Cave  via Greensheen Hill. Oh well at least we managed to get out and whatever the weather there is so much to see and reflect on in the landscape around us.

Wet and windy with a tiny hint of brightness out in the distance
Light on the sand



Malachite green against the sand
Foamy froth

Rain on the sand
Bed of rocks



 I continue to be inspired by the natural world and the landscapes of the Borders and Northumberland still continue to absorb and feed my imagination and creative need to paint.
I know they are only a very tiny part of a vast world but these landscapes have a way of surprising and challenging me constantly and I doubt I will ever become tired of being in them and experiencing all the different weathers and conditions that they have to offer.

Braw views

Looking forward

Looking back

Work in progress

Sketch book this week...

I'm not sure when my new blog will be up and running yet but you'll be able to find it through the home page of my  website.

So if you have been reading and viewing, I hope you have enjoyed it and thank you!











No comments:

Post a Comment